Firmware upgrade on USR2450's WLAN card.
Daniel Faria
2004-07-02 23:43:42 UTC
Hi there. I've been playing with LinuxAP for a
couple of months and now I need to upgrade the
firmware in the WLAN card, in order to get signal
strength statistics in dBm (through the
DBMCOMMSQUALITY RID). I read somewhere that I need a
firmware newer than the 0.7.5 that came with the AP.

When my AP boots up, it shows:

wlan0: NIC: id=0x8002 v1.0.0
wlan0: PRI: id=0x15 v0.3.0
wlan0: STA: id=0x1f v0.7.5

I was then trying to figure out the "platform", so I
could select the proper firmware file. The problem is
that this id (0x8002) does not exist in the Intersil
table
(http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/IDtable.html).

So, which platform should I use? F? Any hints?

I need to update the secondary firmware to 1.4.9 or
higher ASAP, so any advice will be greatly
appreciated.

thanks a lot,
-daniel

http://mail.yahoo.com
Emir Erkocevic
2004-07-03 00:01:59 UTC
hi

I beleive that latest firmware for this HW is
http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/firmware/1.7.1.tar.gz

be aware that this firmware in certain situation is not most efective
if you have no need for hidden SID and some additional options

filename that you should look for is something like s010XXX.hex (where
is XXX 701 for ver. 1.7.1, 409 for version 1.4.9 etc)
Easiest way is to update card is using intersil prism wuinupdate utility
.. (http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/WinUpdate-0-7-0.exe)

regards