linux question
gaurav dawra
2004-03-15 15:02:28 UTC
Hi

i have installed Red Hat 9.0 on my system (2.4.20-8). For some purpose i
need 2.4.20 only on my system. Is there any way i can revert back from
2.4.20-8 to 2.4.20 by removing that patch.

And please also suggest me that where can i find the Red Hat 9.0 2.4.20
kernel ISO images. Also will any of the softwares i have installed will be
effected if i revert back to 2.4.20 kernel.

I know this question is out of linux AP group. But any one who can suggest
me, i will appreciate it.

Gaurav

Find things fast with the new MSN Toolbar – includes FREE pop-up blocking!
Roy
2004-03-15 21:57:32 UTC
you probably can do patch with -R option to revert back if you applied it
or simply download and compile older kernel if you want.
seems there is no big diference so you can use same config file

anyway it would be very interesting to know why do you care about kernel
version?
all drivers will need to be recompiled for new kernel,
all userspace programs do not care at all.

gaurav dawra
2004-03-17 17:03:06 UTC
Hi Roy

Well the reason i need the specific kernel is the project which i am working
on and the all code is compiled in the 2.4.20 kernel.

I have not applied the patch, so i think won't be able to remove it. What do
u think?

Also can you proivde me the link for the ISO images/mirror sites for REd Hat
9.0 2.4.20 where i can download the specific kernel.I will appreciate of any
help soon!!

Thanx...

Gaurav
Subject: Re: [LinuxAP-dev] linux question
Post by gaurav dawra
effected if i revert back to 2.4.20 kernel.
I know this question is out of linux AP group. But any one who can
suggest
Post by gaurav dawra
me, i will appreciate it.
Gaurav
Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1!
(Limited-time offer) http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/
Roy
2004-03-17 18:26:26 UTC
I do not use Red hat linux, and cant help to find iso image.
I recomend you simply ignore kernel version. there is no diference between
them anyway.
but if you want it so much then you can donwload any kelrnel you like from
www.kernel.org
then use config old .config file.
If you need precompiled kernel then i cant help much, try some ftp site with
redhat, they host older versions too.

Post by gaurav dawra
effected if i revert back to 2.4.20 kernel.
I know this question is out of linux AP group. But any one
who can
suggest
Post by gaurav dawra
me, i will appreciate it.