WGR614 running linux?
Henrion Benjamin
2004-03-09 04:00:06 UTC
Can someone take an eye if this router is running linux or not:

ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/wgr614_1126.zip

Probably main.bin is a kernel image?
--
Benjamin Henrion <***@udev.org>
http://bh.udev.org
Bruno Lopes F. Cabral
2004-03-09 13:16:06 UTC
Hi
Post by Henrion Benjamin
ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/wgr614_1126.zip
Probably main.bin is a kernel image?
main.bin? where?

I could not find the kernel/gzip signature "piggy" on
the img file inside the zip. there are these copyright
strings, though

Copyright (c) 2001,2002 BRECIS Communications Corporation

Version 1.0.4.3 built on Wed Jul 16 11:16:29 CEST 2003 by ***@tix

Firmware (C)opyright 1993-2002 PA, The Netherlands

because of the file length (little over 0xe.0000), I think
it is a raw copy of the flash contents (minus bootloader)
with 0xf0 or so signature/checksum bytes. I couldn't
recognize the signature, though

most of the image seems unencrypted/uncompressed. you can
see many messages and html options on it. doesn't appear
to be linux, sorry

Cheers
!3runo