jtag access on the sc400?
Henrion Benjamin
2004-08-09 15:11:53 UTC
Hello,

I own some boards based on WL11000 (usr2450), and I was wondering if it
was possible to get jtag access.

The following docs showns that the 4 pins for jtag are on the pccard
interface:

http://www.madcyb.org/ohpc/index.php?%5B%5BSH%C7%C9%C8%C7ELANSC400%A5%DC%A1%BC%A5%C9%B2%F3%CF%A9%BF%DE%5D%5D

Do you have ideas if it should work and on which pins exactly it is?

Thanks for your help,
--
Benjamin Henrion <***@udev.org>
http://bh.udev.org
<<< http://swpat.ffii.org >>>
Bruno Lopes F. Cabral
2004-08-09 15:19:34 UTC
Hi

JTAG is an ARM thing, as the USR2450 uses an AMD ELAN (x86) processor,
there is no JTAG for it

talking about USR2450's, I would like to get my hands on a broken
one or a place to find the RAM chips for it. one of my coworkers
have the skills to try to upgrade its RAM from 4 to 8MB. using
that and a SENAO 200mW card (or cisco aironet 100mW) would boost
the beast to the sky!

Cheers
!3runo
Henrion Benjamin
2004-08-09 15:24:02 UTC
Post by Bruno Lopes F. Cabral
Hi
JTAG is an ARM thing, as the USR2450 uses an AMD ELAN (x86) processor,
there is no JTAG for it
http://www.amd.com/epd/desiging/fusionpartners/prodbytype/3.developme/14.miscellan/57.jtagboost/

AMD even publish the BSDLs for it, and the Soekris based on the sc520
has jtag access.
<<< http://swpat.ffii.org >>>
Bruno Lopes F. Cabral
has jtag access.
Keith Smith
Bruno Lopes F. Cabral
2004-08-11 00:04:28 UTC
Hi

I've read reports of ppl using SENAOs on USR2450, before.

perhaps it is time to move on and just port linuxap to
WRT54G (4MB flash, 16MB RAM)...

thanks for the feedback, though
!3runo
Scott Serr
2004-08-11 17:47:05 UTC
Thumbing through a Dell flyer, I noticed their 300+ MHz Intel XScale
PDAs. $199. (not that I am in the market for any such thing, I had a
Palm 3C and didn't use it and it broke)

This got me thinking... Even a "lesser" PDA can probably do a wireless
bridge quite well... Granted you might need/want more ports though.
Nice performance/price point compared to Soekris. Commodity stuff is so
nice that way. If one had 2 PCMCIA slots and could run Linux... there
you go...

(The Sharp Zaurus is too expensive for this sort of thing...)

Anyone have a resource for a list of LinuxAP-style "distros" and
hardware to run such distros?
LinuxAP, OpenAP, Pebble Linux, MeshAP, ?, ?
Soekris, WL11000, WRT54G, ?, ?

I wouldn't mind maintaining a page of this stuff, if I had more of a
complete list. If there isn't a wiki page out there somewhere, I'll
start one.

-Scott