Max3232
Henrion Benjamin
2004-03-04 21:26:15 UTC
Hello,

Maybe some guys can help here. I've a 3.3v Tx/Rx 2 pins connector on the
Netgear WG602v2 (see http://isl3893.sf.net), I'm trying to get root
console through this serial port.

Can somebody help me in finding a schematics to get serial port through
a Max3232 (not Max232, 5V only). If I succeed in having access to the
booting in serial, I can noramly boot a kernel+romfs in tftp.

I've received some clarifications from Globespan, see the website for
details.
--
Benjamin Henrion <***@udev.org>
http://bh.udev.org
Bruno Lopes F. Cabral
2004-03-04 21:34:39 UTC
Hello

http://hri.sf.net/tools/#uart

has the schematics to a 3.3v level shifter using 3232

hope this helps!

Cheers
!3runo
details.
Roy
2004-03-04 22:24:50 UTC
I found that it is possible to get ap's made by proxim
Proxim - Harmony 802.11a
they were discounted by some reason, but looks these have good 100mbs
wireless card
which have linux driver available.

I still did not received any of then, but maibe someone have some
expierience with proxom ap's
what cpu they use?
Tom Parker
2004-03-05 21:11:44 UTC
Hi Henrion,

You can get the chips free as samples from the TI website (it is outsourced to digikey!).
I've also ordered as a free sample the jtag tap controller used in the usb jtag device you
mentioned.

Following your progress with interest........

Cheers,
Tom
Post by Henrion Benjamin
booting in serial, I can noramly boot a kernel+romfs in tftp.
I've received some clarifications from Globespan, see the
website for
Post by Henrion Benjamin
details.
------------------------------
Message: 3
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 00:24:50 +0200
Subject: [LinuxAP-dev] Cheap and good ap aailable
I found that it is possible to get ap's made by proxim
Proxim - Harmony 802.11a
they were discounted by some reason, but looks these have good 100mbs
wireless card
which have linux driver available.
I still did not received any of then, but maibe someone have some
expierience with proxom ap's
what cpu they use?
End of LinuxAP-dev Digest, Vol 13, Issue 1