isl3893.sf.net project created
Henrion Benjamin
2004-02-26 19:01:10 UTC
Dear developpers,

Many wireless access points are running a modified version of uClinux on
an intersil SoC ISL3893 combined with other wireless ISL chipset.

Linksys has currently released a mini-distrib for this chip, and I'm
personnaly in contact with the AP manager of Intersil. He promised me to
release the GPL code soon. Anyway, it appears that the only part of the
code which is not GPL is the booter, I will try to call him to see if
it's possible to GPLed it.

Feel free to help and join the project,
--
Benjamin Henrion <***@udev.org>
http://bh.udev.org
Christopher R. Hertel
2004-02-26 22:05:53 UTC
Benjamin,

I've been quitely following your efforts for a while now.
Can you tell me if anyone has managed to get inside the Dell 1184 access
point? I believe that it one of the class of APs you describe.

Thanks for all your efforts!

Chris -)-----
Samba Team -- http://www.samba.org/ -)----- Christopher R. Hertel
jCIFS Team -- http://jcifs.samba.org/ -)----- ubiqx development, uninq.
ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/ -)----- ***@ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/ -)----- ***@ubiqx.org
Henrion Benjamin
2004-02-26 22:02:44 UTC
Post by Christopher R. Hertel
Benjamin,
I've been quitely following your efforts for a while now.
Can you tell me if anyone has managed to get inside the Dell 1184 access
point? I believe that it one of the class of APs you describe.
No, the Dell 1184 is a samsung s3c4510b based.

If want to access to the flash on this box, you can use the version of
jtag-tools patched by p2. It's in debian unstable.

If someone has a Dell 1184 (I think this one has a Prism2 chipset), it
would be nice to have linuxap running on that box.

Someone owns such hardware?

PS: For isl3893, I can compile an uclinux kernel+romfs, now I need to
deal to see how to integrate MVC into it...
--
Benjamin Henrion <***@udev.org>
http://bh.udev.org
Bruno Lopes F. Cabral
2004-02-26 22:24:11 UTC
Hello there

here I have a few 4510b hardwares laying around, but absolutely
NO CLUE on how to install a bootloader so I can boot linux on
them

I also have the JTAG working (using armtool), SERIAL level
shifter, cross-compiler environment... all them working
(tested/used with cx84200 port I worked on, but this used
the SMC bootloader which loads kernel and ramdisk, easying
my life a lot!)

bios-lt uClinux-dist is somewhat confusing for a "newbie"
(all I wan't was to compile the bootloader and put it into
a unit), so any help on documenting this simple step would
be _greatelly_ appreciated!

Cheers
!3runo
Someone owns such hardware?
Henrion Benjamin
2004-02-26 22:54:02 UTC
Post by Bruno Lopes F. Cabral
Hello there
here I have a few 4510b hardwares laying around, but absolutely
NO CLUE on how to install a bootloader so I can boot linux on
them
Here's the booter we have used on our board:

http://bh.udev.org/filez/wireless/samsung4510/status/bios-new.bin

Warning: if you don't have the same flash as on the DI614+ board, the
booter should not work.

You should patch the sources of bios-lt so as it understands your flash
chip.
Post by Bruno Lopes F. Cabral
I also have the JTAG working (using armtool), SERIAL level
shifter, cross-compiler environment... all them working
(tested/used with cx84200 port I worked on, but this used
the SMC bootloader which loads kernel and ramdisk, easying
my life a lot!)
Ah ah, do you have a Conexant based AP?
Post by Bruno Lopes F. Cabral
bios-lt uClinux-dist is somewhat confusing for a "newbie"
(all I wan't was to compile the bootloader and put it into
a unit), so any help on documenting this simple step would
be _greatelly_ appreciated!
I will have my board soon, but P2 (in CC:) has it now, he can help if he
can find some time.

I'm building a jtag-usb adaptor (see http://www.ece.uvic.ca/~dgamroth/).

// port is really too slow!
--
Benjamin Henrion <***@udev.org>
http://bh.udev.org
Bruno Lopes F. Cabral
2004-02-27 01:00:00 UTC
Hi
Post by Henrion Benjamin
Post by Bruno Lopes F. Cabral
here I have a few 4510b hardwares laying around, but absolutely
NO CLUE on how to install a bootloader so I can boot linux on
them
http://bh.udev.org/filez/wireless/samsung4510/status/bios-new.bin
so you're using DI614+, cool! :-)
Post by Henrion Benjamin
Warning: if you don't have the same flash as on the DI614+ board,
do you have handy the FLASH chip reference?
Post by Henrion Benjamin
the booter should not work.
I've found some C code that is supposed to write ANY flash chip.
interested?
Post by Henrion Benjamin
You should patch the sources of bios-lt so as it understands
your flash chip.
I'll check to see what is already supported. may be I'm lucky :-)
Post by Henrion Benjamin
Ah ah, do you have a Conexant based AP?
"ah ah"?

yes, a cx84200. without a cache, seems a little slow with linux
(6 bogomips).

not cx82100 (actiontec modem router, befsx41 etc)
Post by Henrion Benjamin
I will have my board soon,
sorry, which board? a cx82100, cx84200 or s3c4510b?
Post by Henrion Benjamin
but P2 (in CC:) has it now, he can help if he can find some time.
I'm building a jtag-usb adaptor (see http://www.ece.uvic.ca/~dgamroth/).
// port is really too slow!
I did some testing and xmodem upload via RS232 (115200 bps)
is rougly the same as parallell JTAG download (about 6200 Bps)

USB? cool!!! will it work? ;-)

did you checked our JTAG FAQ? it's at
http://hri.sf.net/tools/jtag_faq_org.html
there are some options on it, including a serial JTAG

Cheers
!3runo

P.S. Stas, Benjamim is starting a ISL3893 sf project and he have
some usage experience with S3C4510B. How about including this
USB JTAG on FAQ?

Christopher R. Hertel