How to Flash a USR022450?
Stefan Apetz
2004-12-11 13:37:12 UTC
Hi there,

I have a 10MB CF Card and an adapter so that I can read/write to this CF
Card via a PCMCIA in my Laptop or by using a CF adapter attached to my PC.

Unfortunately I do not have Linux installed to my PC.

My question is now: when I download the sram.img file, how can I create a
bootable CF-Card with the above configuration? Are there any tools for
Windows to create a bootable CF Card from such an .img file?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan
Bruno Lopes F. Cabral
2004-12-11 12:56:13 UTC
Hi there

Although I never heard anyone using a CF on a CF<>PCMCIA
adapter to flash an USR2450 (which I doubt would work, BTW),
you can use PHYSDISWRITE utility (http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/)
for writing the IMG to the device using winblows. I tested
that, long ago, to write WISP-DIST distribution to flash
cards to use with CF-IDE adapter

this said, I've heard of some cisco 2MB flash cards (i.e.
for cisco 1005 series router) which seems to work with
Eumitcomm boards. they are less than US$20 on ebay

Cheers
!3runo
from Brazil