WDS (auto-discovery maybe)
Scott Serr
2004-07-05 17:08:28 UTC
I've had my 4 2450s sitting here for a year so I have a renewed
commitment to get them fully operational.

1 year ago Keith replied to my message asking about the proper setup of
WDS on linuxap:
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 15:25:23 -0400
Your probably going to have to hack "wireless" or "primary".
The simplest thing may be to write an /etc/rw/rc.tweak, and just save it.
The last time I used WDS you had to actually put all the stations mac's
that you
wanted to mesh with in with prism2_param. Look at the prism2_param docs.
If you get it working I'll roll your changes in.
Looking around at my APs I tried the tweak option. Is there a cleaner
option now? I still like the idea of auto-discovery. If my APs move
around wouldn't that make the most sense? Or is it preferred to tweak
what the neighboring nodes are by hand?

Thanks,
-Scott
Bruno Lopes F. Cabral
2005-04-19 10:58:27 UTC
Hi there

the FAQ has the answer about how to set up WDS on Keith's Linuxap!

http://ksmith.com/pipermail/linuxap-dev/2004-February/000675.html

hope this helps
!3runo
from Brazil
Post by Scott Serr
I've had my 4 2450s sitting here for a year so I have a renewed
commitment to get them fully operational.
1 year ago Keith replied to my message asking about the proper setup of
[...]