RG-1000 not supported by linuxap + Intersil ISL3893
Henrion Benjamin
2004-01-16 12:34:41 UTC
Hello,

Why does the RG-1000 is not supported by linuxap?

It's nearly the same hardware as the eumitcom board...

But no way to reflash...

There's a distribution, but don't know how to reflash or access to the
flash on this device.

For your info, I'm dealing with Intersil to get the devkit of the
ISL39300A (which runs all the Intersil APs 802.11g).

More infos here: http://seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/ISL3893

If you know a friend who have the Devkit, I'm looking for the sources
and the BSDL file.
--
Benjamin Henrion <***@udev.org>
http://bh.udev.org
Bruno Lopes F. Cabral
2004-01-16 12:08:49 UTC
Hi there
Post by Henrion Benjamin
Why does the RG-1000 is not supported by linuxap?
because it has only 512KB flash, which is too little to anything usable
Post by Henrion Benjamin
It's nearly the same hardware as the eumitcom board...
But no way to reflash...
there is a port of linux to RGs and airports, but it
is only a hack to etherboot the kernel and a basic
ramdisk image onto the unit, then run from RAM (and
NFS mount anything else)
Post by Henrion Benjamin
There's a distribution, but don't know how to reflash
or access to the flash on this device.
ppl from HRI list did a successfull port/reflash of
a SMC wireless unit (based on samsung processor, but
not the 4510). it's worth a look!!

BTW, thanks for your corrected JTAG adapter (link from
seattlewireless 4510 page). we build it here, yesterday,
and it worked like a charm with both armtool and
openwince's jtag :-)

Cheers
!3runo
from Brazil